Chassis number ‘178/R’ is the 78th DB4 made. This car is of the first series, very rare model with no window frames. The original purchaser was Mr B Carlaw of Messrs Carlaw (Cars) Ltd, Glasgow. Originally registered ‘G 25’, the car was delivered finished in Elusive Blue with red Connolly hide interior trim. The second owner was Denton Gilbert, in July 1983. In 1985 the car was purchased by Ian H Moss and the car has seen virtually no use since then.
In 1986 the DB4 was acquired as a going concern by the current vendor, who started restoring the suspension and brakes using parts sourced from Aston Service Dorset. The project was stalled when the owner went to work overseas, and the car has been kept in dry storage for nearly 30 years. In 2013 the car then found a new owner who had it completely restored in our company. Over 350000 Euro on restoration costs were spent over the last 2 years to make the car look this superb.
The car underwent a complete body off nut and bold restoration. Absolutely everything is restored. The underneath is as beautiful as the above. During the restoration the car was rebuilt from Right hand drive to Left hand drive. The restoration is completely documented with photographs.
Finished in the colour Elusive blue with red Connolly leather seats and grey carpets, as it came from the factory in 1959. The car is imported in Belgium and has a factory certificate.
- Year: 1959
- Condition: Restored
- Drive: left
- Engine: 370/633
- Horsepower: 302 BHP hp
- Doors : 2 doors
- Seats : 2
- Transmission : manual
- Color : Elusive Blue with red Connolly leather seats and grey carpets
- Chassis number : 178/R